Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 long slide .45 cap. Cheap!

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
Ok here's the link

http://www.jetguns.com/1247451pls12-m247-lngsld-p-1721.html

I'm not sure if I can pass this up. I have waiting cause the wife doesn't want me to by the OSS(spend more money). I found this and if no one has a good reason to spend the extra cash on the OSS model I will be purchasing this tom, before this deal is gone.

OSS or long slide?

#3 ·
#6 ·
Yes. All the ones I have seen have "Tactical" marked in the Slide.
I don't know about all of the OSSes being marked Tactical. I purchased the SS model last November and it does not have tactical anywhere on it.

#8 ·
Dneff13 said:
Nevermind, just purchased the 9mm OSS! Really wanted the same caliber as my compact 24/7. Ordered from buds, so hopefully doesn't take too long to ship...
Got mine in 2 days from Bud's.

#10 ·
Dneff13 said:
Ok here's the link

http://www.jetguns.com/1247451pls12-m247-lngsld-p-1721.html

I'm not sure if I can pass this up. I have waiting cause the wife doesn't want me to by the OSS(spend more money). I found this and if no one has a good reason to spend the extra cash on the OSS model I will be purchasing this tom, before this deal is gone.
OSS or long slide?
IF its the weapon that is displayed /Pictured you realize that the long slide is a PRO model?--(second generation)
and it has Hienie figure eight sights?
not there is anything wrong with either but the OSS has a decocker and Novak three dot sights.--(third generation)
the OSS also has a match grade barrel, not that the average shooter will be able to tell the difference in accuracy with it.

#11 ·
While all 24/7 OSS are created equal unfortunately they are NOT all Tactical versions!
The ones that recently sold by BUDS while were listed on the web sight as tacticals were actually NOT.
as mentioned above i believe that most all were stainless slides.
Nothing wrong with that and just as accurate but not the tennnifer flat black coating that is on the tacticals.
and also as mentioned the magazines are interchangable throughout the 24/7 line up as long as calibers are the same except for the shorty (24/7c) magazine, it will not work in any weapon other than the compact version.
all the full sized magazines will interchange with the compacts, the standards, the long slides and the OSS as long as caliber is the same.
when using the full sized mag in the compact the spacer is utilized to make it look/feel beter.
hope this helps some.

#12 ·
I meant that I wanted the 9mm caliber version over the .45 acp since I already own the compact version in 9mm. And the longslide for 285 was only available in .45 at that price.

Also I bought the OSS model from buds not the LS from jets. I wanted the best possible 5.25" barreled 24/7, and I figured the OSS was worth the extra $60. I had also allready heard about some problems with the second gen. .45 LS, just wanted what I figured to be a better pistol.

#13 ·
k4swb said:
I don't know about all of the OSSes being marked Tactical. I purchased the SS model last November and it does not have tactical anywhere on it.
Don't know why that would be. Could it be that the Stainless models are not marked that way? When I bought my Black Finished .45 OSS, all the others in the display case were marked Tactical, but they were all Black finished.

#14 ·
Don't know why that would be. Could it be that the Stainless models are not marked that way? When I bought my Black Finished .45 OSS, all the others in the display case were marked Tactical, but they were all Black finished.
That seems to be it. Black = Tactical.
I wanted SS no matter what the slide said. When ordering I was really worried about what I was actually gonna get. The ad said tactical but I had seen an SS model and I new it didn't have that on the slide. I did get exactly what I wanted and that was a relief.

#15 ·
I have seen the OSS with the brown frame and Stainless slide and it was not a tactical, I have seen the black frame and stainless slide and its not a tactical, the all black with the non glare tennifer finish is the only one that i have personally seen that is a tactical model.
everything else form what i can see is identical except the finish.
OF course checking the Taurus website is like trying to ask my dawg about the right information, there is so much stuff there and very confusing on some models.

#16 ·
olfarhors said:
While all 24/7 OSS are created equal unfortunately they are NOT all Tactical versions!
The ones that recently sold by BUDS while were listed on the web sight as tacticals were actually NOT.
as mentioned above i believe that most all were stainless slides.
Nothing wrong with that and just as accurate but not the tennnifer flat black coating that is on the tacticals.
and also as mentioned the magazines are interchangable throughout the 24/7 line up as long as calibers are the same except for the shorty (24/7c) magazine, it will not work in any weapon other than the compact version.
all the full sized magazines will interchange with the compacts, the standards, the long slides and the OSS as long as caliber is the same.
when using the full sized mag in the compact the spacer is utilized to make it look/feel beter.
hope this helps some.
The man's a walking 24/7 encyclopedia! :thumb:

#17 ·
I have seen the OSS with the brown frame and Stainless slide and it was not a tactical
Man, that's the baby I wanted!!! :'( I couldn't find that combination listed anywhere. If I ever do find it I will buy another one.
I bet some gunshop swapped things around to come up with this. :???:

#19 ·
NJshooter said:
Mine has the brown frame and black slide and is marked tactical. For what it is worth I think in the 2010 catalog all non stainless OSS models are listed an tenifer finish.
Exactly as I understand it as well.
Its either stainless slide or tennifer slide!
the tennifer is a tactical the stainless is not, regardless of the frame color, which of course are all polymer regardless of color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.