Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 9MM owners plz read

6K views 43 replies 35 participants last post by  Lavon 
#1 ·
I have seen the Taurus 24/7 9MM SS all over the internet from $269.00-$297.00 Which I find DIRT cheap!! I currently own a PT 101AFS .40 cal. And I am looking for a good reliable in-expensive taurus that I can shoot alot of rounds though. That the ammo isn't as expensive as the .40 cal. So I would love to hear from anyone who owns this gun and find out if it is a GREAT value for the gun, or is it the same old saying "you get what you pay for"? I love the thought of having a gun that will shoot 17+1, have a great look, and have some styling to it. This gun seems to have it all. So, unless you current 24/7 SS owners tell me to STAY AWAY I think i might pick one up. Love to hear your comments! ;D :) ;)

#2 ·
I own the 24/7 compact 9mm. It shoots awesome. I would have gotten the 4" model (the one you are looking at) but they didn't have it at the gun show. In love this gun. Seems like a great deal to me.

#5 ·
This is a case where you get MORE for what you pay for!!!

I love my 24/7 9mm Pro DS and CDS. Mine are both titanium, but I would expect the SS would be even more comfortable to shoot since it is slightly heavier.

#7 ·
I have the pro DS in duo tone, over a 1000 rounds with no issues and at 7-10 yards will completely shoot out the bullseye on a small pistol target. The trigger which a lot of people complain about is actually very nice, DA mode is smooth and easy to pull, SA is just as smooth and easy.
Love this gun its my favorite range gun to shoot.

#9 ·
My 24/7 Pro DS is tight, reliable as can be, accurate, feels perfect for my hands and looks great. It just happens to be less expensive than offerings by other manufacturers. Unless you've got your mind set on another specific model, $269. for a Pro DS is very good. I thought I did well at $339. at LGC.

I think you should get one and shoot it often!

#10 ·
My local Bass Pro has the 24/7 9MM Pro DS stainless for $420. Getting it for under $300 is a steal. About a month ago, I went to a nearby pawn shop and found that they had a nearly new 2010 model 24/7 9mm Pro DS for $269 so I jumped on it. I have not seen this gun that cheap any place else, new or used. I have a Ruger, Smith and Wesson, and a Beretta and the built quality of the Taurus seems to be just as good as any of my other pistols.

I took my Taurus to the range soon after I bought it and shot 50 rounds. It worked perfectly. It has a good weight to it. Not too heavy, but not too light so it handeles the recoil well. I like the trigger in single action mode. It has a nice short pull and it is not too heavy. The price of the 24/7 right now is fantastic. I think this gun is just as good as a $500 gun. In fact, I paid a little over $500 for my Ruger P89 and the Taurus is just as good. If you are really in the market for a nice 9mm, the 24/7 is a great deal.

#11 ·
alamor3942 said:
I have seen the Taurus 24/7 9MM SS all over the internet from $269.00-$297.00 Which I find DIRT cheap!! I currently own a PT 101AFS .40 cal. And I am looking for a good reliable in-expensive taurus that I can shoot alot of rounds though. That the ammo isn't as expensive as the .40 cal. So I would love to hear from anyone who owns this gun and find out if it is a GREAT value for the gun, or is it the same old saying "you get what you pay for"? I love the thought of having a gun that will shoot 17+1, have a great look, and have some styling to it. This gun seems to have it all. So, unless you current 24/7 SS owners tell me to STAY AWAY I think i might pick one up. Love to hear your comments! ;D :) ;)
I just got the Pro DS .40 in two tone from Bud's for $309. Only because I have an SR9c & wanted another cal. to reload! ;D

#12 ·
4000+ rounds and have only replaced a guide rod / spring assembly. I shoot recreationally with it, I shoot USPSA with it and I have even carried it as my concealled carry weapon, although it is a little big for that full time. Great value, great gun and it can shoot 17 round groups like this at 10 yards; probable could do better if I could.

Attachments

#13 ·
well I have two 24/7c models one in 9mm & one in 45acp.
I paid 349.00 for the 45 and 379 for the 9mm, they are stainless.
I feel that the 24/7 platform is the best Taurus designed weapon they produce, they are reliable, accurate, troublefree and thats really about all you need in a self defense weapon.
Mine work all the time, everytime, and ask for more food to digest.
as to are they worth the money, only you can answer that but at the sale prices you will never find them any cheaper.

#17 ·
6yo 24/7 no other numbers letters etc just a 24/7 9mm. 13,000 + rounds through it. Use it as a training weapon for my Sea Cadets. NO PROBLEMS. Been dropped in sand at the range several times kept on going.

#19 ·
above_all said:
This is a case where you get MORE for what you pay for!!!

I love my 24/7 9mm Pro DS
+1 ! You really do get waaaay MORE than you are paying for. I have two 24/7's, a 9mm 24/7 Pro and a .45 24/7 OSS and love them!!!

Bought the 9mm 24/7 Pro first, back in 2006 and it's been a great handgun. If I ever lost it I would buy a new one in a heartbeat.

Considering picking up another standard sized model in .45 ACP, as my .45 24/7 OSS is a long slide model.

Chances are, if you pick up a 9mm 24/7, you'll probably also want one in .40, too!

Now I also have your PT101's forebear, a 9mm PT92. You might consider one of those too! Controls and grip are the same.

#20 ·
I have 2 of the 24/7 Pro C's . Alittle smaller in barrel length then the 24/7 Pro. But the are awesome and have not had any problem with either one of them. I carry one of them as a duty weapon for Private Security assignments. I paid way to much for them both several years ago. But once I shot it I knew my wife would want one so I purchased the SS for her. I have shot and owner several other brands of handguns but without a doubt this firearm is one of the most accurate, easy handling, eats anything semi auto. Good Luck You won't regret the purchase.

#21 ·
You'd better have it by now. ;)

#22 ·
Best pistol ever

I'll second that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.