Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Who uses a 24/7 compact as Their EDC

4K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  MilProGuy 
#1 ·
I am interested in finding out how many of us carry a PT 24/7 compact DS as their EDC.

If you do, could you please tell us whether you carry IWB or OWB, and what holster or holsters you use.

Also, if you have the DS model, and assuming you carry with a round in the chamber, do you carry: a) decocked(DA) with the manual safety on; b) decocked(DA) with the manual safety off; c) not decocked(SA) with the manual safety on, or d) not decocked(SA) with the manual safety off.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I carry a 24/7 Pro C DS Ti as my EDC. I wear it IWB with a Cross Breed QwikClip. Very comfortable and it will also hold the standard DS and OSS models. I also have a Don Hume IWB clip holster that works for the C DS and DS.

I usually carry decocked (DA) with the manual safety off.

#5 ·
well kind of !!
I got two and they are car guns, actually a pickem up truck and a car gun.
I do occasionally carry them however.
I use IWB left handed in the small of my back 99% of the time with them, I am right handed but using a left handed IWB puts a slight cant to the right side and easier to reach and the holster is still inside the waist band.
I carry the weapon almost all the time decocked and chamber loaded, no safety engaged.

#6 ·

Here's my 24/7 PRO Compact DS .45 ACP which I carry OWB everyday, except Sunday, in my ITAC paddle holster. (Actually, I alternate carries on a monthly basis: my 24/7 PRO C one month, and my new MilPro PT111 the next month.)

Like Olfarhors, I conceal carry my 24/7 with one in the pipe, decocked, with the safety off.

#15 ·
Thanks for the responses folks. I personally don't like safties on carry guns because I feel, from experience, there is too great a chance of forgetting to flck off the safety under stress, so I carry decocked, safety off.

I practice that long, hard first pull enough whereby I don't think it will be a big issue in a real life threat.

#16 ·
My 24/7 Pro C DS .45 sits in a cheap tuckable IWB holster from CTD, around 4 o'clock, decocked, safety on. I do like manual safeties on carry guns, and train my muscle memory to sweep my thumb over it.

#17 ·
well Ron I see where you are coming from!
one of the things that i really like about the 24/7 safety is that it operates exactly like a 1911 safety and so as i shoot a few of those the knock the safety off as its drawn and comes on target just comes natural for me.
The ones that i am leary of are the ones that operate exaclty oposite of the 1911 safety.

#18 ·
I cc a non ds version 9pm and use a variety different holsters. Mainly I carry on my ankle in a WRB holster, and iwb I use a blackhawk (not sure of the size). Never jammed and about 1000 rounds through it. Also carry a Taurus judge polymer as my primary iwb gun. :D :D

#19 ·
olfarhors said:
well Ron I see where you are coming from!
one of the things that i really like about the 24/7 safety is that it operates exactly like a 1911 safety and so as i shoot a few of those the knock the safety off as its drawn and comes on target just comes natural for me.
The ones that i am leary of are the ones that operate exaclty oposite of the 1911 safety.
I thought the same thing, having used a 1911 as my EDC for quite awhile until I took a tactical training class with it, and found that having to draw and shoot under severe time pressure, I failed to flick off the safety a few times over the weekend course.

I was dismayed that that happened given the time I had spent at my range drawing from retention and the amount of dry firing I had engaged in, and realized that I likely would have been killed if that had been a real world situation.

That scared me enough that I gave up the 1911 and have carried without a manual safety since then.

That is me, and I realize, of course, that there are different levels of skill and experience.

#21 ·
I actually have a question rather...I have same gun just not compact and in 45 with the 4 inch barrel. Does anyone else own this in non compact and whats the best way to go about concealing it? Would the holsters for the compact fit just as well for the non compact version?

I read most of the post and noticed its all the compact version which I don't have. I wanna carry my 24/7 pro ds 45 with me and thought this would be a good place to start! Would like to go with IWB but seeing as GA allows open carry i was thinking about getting the one from walmart with the magazine pouch for $20 bucks?

I do not man to hijack your thread just that I could get opinions tho.

As for the way I carry it for now anyways is, Decocked and safety on. No round in chamber. ( Im just trying to get use to the idea of wearing it. )

#22 ·
I rotated b/w the PT145 and the 24/7 C DS .45 as my EDC. Because the PT145 doesn't have the decocker safety, I carried both cocked and locked and didn't use the DS on the 24/7 C to make both guns operate the same way. I am using a cheap $19 IWB holter that I bought off eBay. :D

Josh45, because the 4" 24/7's are longer than their compact brothers, you might have problems using the compact gun holsters with them.

#24 ·
Are you talking about the $6 holster for airgun at WallMart? That inexpensive holster worked great for my SR9 which is the same size as the 4" 24/7's. It also worked great for my 24/7 C's. I am using one with a tactical belt tied to the driver seat to holster my car gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.