Taurus Firearm Forum banner

24/7 PRO C DS TITANIUM 1-247091PCTI-17 at Academy

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  blusolstice 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any information about the 24/7 PRO C DS TITANIUM 1-247091PCTI-17 at Academy? I can't find any info on the net about it.

Does Taurus make special run models for large customers like Academy? If not, it appears Academy only sells models that are discontinued. At least that is what I'm finding in the Taurus line. Is it that way with other brand handguns?

Any way, I went on the Taurus web to try and find it. The closest I could find was a 24/7-9SSCTi-17. Further research indicate this is a 2009 model. Apparently this is a good selling model, because it is sold out everywhere I found it listed.

Anyone have any experience with the weapon Academy is selling?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, waden. :wave:

It seems that the Taurus 24/7 line has a new generation of pistols in the pipe, and the previous models are being cleared out at ridicuously low prices.

I have a 24/7 Pro Compact DS (left) and a 24/7 OSS DS (right), both in .45, and they are absolutely fantastic as far as esthetics, function, reliability, and accuracy are concerned. The Taurus lifetime warranty definitely is a plus.

I say "go for it"!

#8 ·
I bought a 24/7 Pro C DS Titanium model 1-247091PCTI-17 from Academy on Jan 24th. It is lightweight, has all the features of the 24/7 OSS 9mm (with the exception of the right side safety), and is a great shooter. Mine was manufactured in 2010.

Academy had the best price on the gun I could find. I did have a FTE problem from the start with both mags. I called Taurus and they paid for shipping to Miami. Gun was gone 10 calendar days and they replaced the extractor. You really can't go wrong with the Taurus warranty and they'll pick up shipping for the first year.

It's back home and I've run 200 failure-free rounds down range (Federal, WWB and UMC; JHP and FMJ). It's my primary CCW now. Like it so much, when I came across the a 24/7 Pro DS Ti the other day at a gun show I snatched it up.

My only advice is to do a very detailed cleaning; then clean it again. I wipe it down with CLP and put a little white lithium grease on the rails and it does great. You may or may not experience some galling or gouging where the slide contacts the barrel. It eventually goes away and doesn't affect the operation. Comes from a steel plate attached to the inside of the slide to prevent titanium to steel contact (titanium would wear down the steel).

If you want a very lightweight CCW, the 24/7 titanium is an excellent choice. Pics or the DS attached (no pics of the C DS yet).

Attachments

#14 ·
waden said:
bluesolstice, how lond did it take for you to get yout gun from Jet?
i paid via debit card it took 2 days for the payment to clear, then i got a ups quantum view tracking number in an email on a friday the next wednesday i got a call from the shop that was handling the ffl transfer that it was there. total was 7 days from the buying click to picking it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.