Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New G2-Different trigger and pull than the current 24/7

I was just reading of the new 24/7 G2.

Will this new model have a different trigger than the current awful 1.5" trigger pull i have on my current 24/7 pro?
    I am exaggerating the pull at 1.5" but you all know what i mean. I just cannot get used to this trigger no matter how many rounds
    I fire.I cant stand having to think about not letting it come all the way back,waiting for the click,etc. It's just too much to think about
    and I think it throws my accuracy way off.

If the pull is different on this new model,I might just have a 24/7 Pro DS 45 ACP for sale.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: New G2-Different trigger and pull than the current 24/7

I have the 24/7 Pro DS in the 9mm and at first the trigger was difficult to get used to, then I stopped letting it return all the way and stopped it far enough forward to reset so it was ready to fire again. That shortened my trigger pull to 1/4 of the full pull and made life much better.
    You should try that and see if it helps you like it did me.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

That is just what i am talking about. I want a good trigger pull, I dont want to have to think and then try and feel the click and let appx 1/4 to 1/2 of trigger back to get this click, and have to keep this up while shooting.Trying to hit the center is hard enough,without trying to have to think about if I felt a click and how far I have let it come forward.

I just don't like the trigger,I should have fired it before I bought it but I was at a show and saw the price and just grabbed it.I've only got about 100-150 shots through it and I am going to sell it.

Member #
    Liked
    1958 times

I wish I had known that. I'd make a good offer.
    Tho I haven't fired my new PRO DS, I do like the trigger.
    Ancient Airman, WWII, Korea
    PT-111 Mil PRO - Evita,
    24/7 PRO DS - Sweetie,
    24/7 PRO C DS - Maxine,
    S&W 60-4 - The Old Man
    PT 1911 - Gilda, the Golden Girl,
    NRA

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

After 2K plus rounds through my 24/7, I don't notice the trigger at all. Muscle memory is muscle memory, after all. And, I mean no offense, but the only thing that stuck in my head reading the OP was "I want a good trigger pull, I don't want to think" I know there was more, but I'm always thinking when I'm shooting, but maybe that's just me.
    Like a midget at a urinal, you have to stay on your toes.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

As my 24/7 Pro was my first pistol, it took some getting used to with the DA first shot, but I can ride the SA for follow up shots pretty good. Now, if I had something to compare it to, I may have a different story.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4882 times

I have many semi auto's and each has its own trigger pull. My 24/7 pro C DS 45 was a little different but nothing I did not get used to. I think you need more trigger time so its more natural. But thats just my opinion. I like my XD-9 trigger better. But thats just me.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    6853 times

HMM!
    well actually not a problem to me a i do not use the full trigger travel on any of my semi's except for the 738 which is pretty much mandated for operation.
    trigger reset is just a way of life in my world!
    709, Cougar,1911's, 24/7's, sig 380, 99, bersa,all my 22's!
    Practice normally eliminates most all need for thought actually , thats why you do it!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Fla24/7
    After 2K plus rounds through my 24/7, I don't notice the trigger at all. Muscle memory is muscle memory, after all. And, I mean no offense, but the only thing that stuck in my head reading the OP was "I want a good trigger pull, I don't want to think" I know there was more, but I'm always thinking when I'm shooting, but maybe that's just me.
    Yes I did say more than I don't want to think when I am shooting. When I am shooting,I want to be accurate. It's hard enough trying to hit the center without trying to calculate in my head if I have let the trigger come back just far enough to feel some sort of magical click to let me know the trigger has reset yet not let it come back the full pull.

I've owned S/W,Ruger,Glock and truthfully I haven't found a trigger pull this long ever. It's my own fault for not shooting the gun first. I am just someone who likes a short trigger,not a hair trigger like some olympic athlete model firearms I have tried that almost fire on touching them,but I want a trigger pull that I feel isn't throwing off my accuracy like this one does,it's just that simple.

If someone is in my house and has my wife with something to her head,I want to shoot the assailant between the eyes,not pull the trigger an inch,have the gun dip and hit my wife. I'm glad most of you have gotten used to this trigger,I just don't like it. It's not Taurus's fault as I have owned many Taurus revolvers and loved them all,just this one isn't for me.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4882 times

OK we have heard your point of view most of us have no problem with it after shooting it enough to carry it. And yes I practice for head shots. Not because thats what I want to do but may have to do.

If you can't get used to it then trade it in for something you like. I don't think there is an answer for you. After reading the whole thread. Good luck in your pursuit for the magic trigger. Sincerely!
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links