Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times

Re: 24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP Holster

Well I am totally confused.
    Straight from the horse's mouth, again.

I asked:
    Will this model holster-410529BK-R fit the Taurus 24/7 OSS DS 45 with the 5 barrel and cover the slide past the front sight?

If not, do you have one that will fit and cover the slide past the front sight?

Thank you for your time,
    They replied
    Good afternoon,
    That holster will fit the frame however as you stated the barrel will exceed the holster. Unfortunately we do not have a holster that will completely cover the weapons barrel.

Damien Childs
    Customer Service Representative
    ATK Tactical Systems - BLACKHAWK!
    ATK Security and Sporting
    6160 Commander Pkwy
    Norfolk, VA 23502 U.S.A.
    Phone: 800-694-5263 ext:3289
    Fax: 888-830-2013
    Email: dchilds@blackhawk.com
    Web: www.blackhawk.com
    I cannot tell from this if he understands the question.
    I give up!
    My signatures are things I have tried or experienced. You may or may not wish to emulate them so read them with this in mind.
    Compromise means both sides give something, but they never give, they just take.
    I'm The NRA!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

NJ shooter confirmed it.... the 410519BK-R does indeed cover the muzzle end on the 5" models.
    The other fellow who stated his holster fits the millenium with front sight covered but not the the OSS obviously has the 410529BK-R which obviously wouldn't cover the front end on the LS either because they are both 5"... if it covers the front on the standard which is 4" then it kinda stands to reason it would hide the front on the millenium because it's even shorter yet. That was sort of a "duh" factor.
    @K4SWB... you inquired about the 410529BK-R again, which they and we already have concluded many times over is only as long as the 4" standard 24/7. It's the 410519BK-R that will cover the 5" as NJ shooter just confirmed. There's no confusion now.

***please take note: the difference in part numbers is 4105(ONE)9BK-R and 4105(TWO)9BK-R I don't know if maybe you were missing that or what. ?? maybe

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

@K4SWB... you inquired about the 410529BK-R again, which they and we already have concluded many times over is only as long as the 4" standard 24/7. It's the 410519BK-R that will cover the 5" as NJ shooter just confirmed. There's no confusion now.
    I also asked if they had any holster that would cover the front sight and they replied they did not.
    My signatures are things I have tried or experienced. You may or may not wish to emulate them so read them with this in mind.
    Compromise means both sides give something, but they never give, they just take.
    I'm The NRA!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

True, true....I have half a mind, ... to call them and speak directly with someone and ask why 2 different part numbers for 2 different pistols if indeed they are merely the same length. Although 2 guys here NJ, and G'pa have both stated that the 519 holster does cover their 5" barrels.

I'm actually on the line with BH as I'm typing this... their CSR Dewayne just confirmed that the 519 model is 1" longer than the 529 model and will cover the OSS and LS barrels to the end.
    He also noted that they had contradicting info on the 519 that stated it was for an OSS model which was SHORTER than the standard 4" 24/7, but after reviewing the Taurus specs with me he deduced that their information to that affect was in error. The 519 is a new holster and details and descriptions are still in the works and thus, not everyone at BH is 100% up to speed on it's details. However Dewayne looked into it while I speaking with him and he assured me that the 519 is longer, not shorter than the 529.
    Thats as good as I can do without having it my hands, or NJ or G'Pa posting a pic.

Member #
    Liked
    5940 times

Quote Originally Posted by mjmcg
    True, true....I have half a mind, ...
    Sadlly I do also!!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

I'm just ordered the 19 model and I'll know.
    I'm The NRA!

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

WHOO HOO!!!!
    I just received my Blackhawk Serpa model #410519BK-R and it does indeed fit the Taurus 24/7 OSS and cover the whole slide including the front sight.
    Some of you already knew this but who does a guy believe? Some yahoos on the internet or the people that actually make the holster.

I guess I'll listen to you guys closer from now on.

I was going to post pictures but there isn't even one battery in the house that fits my camera.
    I'm The NRA!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I dont get mine until tomorrow. It took a whole week just for the place I ordered it from to even get it! Where did you get yours so quickly?? I ordered before you did!
    And I have batteries, so I will get some up tomorrow night.
    I think Grandpa and NJ guy fell photographically challenged, they had 2 and a half weeks to post a pic and nadda...coulda drawn one by now

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

I dont get mine until tomorrow. It took a whole week just for the place I ordered it from to even get it! Where did you get yours so quickly?? I ordered before you did!
    And I have batteries, so I will get some up tomorrow night.
    I ordered mine from OpticsPlanet and it was shipped right out. Actually came a day earlier than they stated it would.
    I finally got the batteries but have left the holster in the SUV so go ahead and post yours when you get it.
    I'm The NRA!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Here you go. Sorry for the delay.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S&W 622VR
    Remington 870 Pump
    Marlin 336 30-30
    Marlin model 25 .22
    24 7 OSS .40