Member #
    Liked
    0 times

PT 24/7 PRO C DS in 45ACP Magazines

Just joined. Recently bought my wife a PT 111 Pro 9mm. Nice small package. I was able to buy 2 extra mags for it at a local gun show. Now, I have purchased a PT 24/7 Pro C DS in 45ACP. Again, a nice small package. However, try to find the 10 and 12-round magazines for it! At this time, it is impossible. I have contacted no fewer than 5 sources and just got off the phone with Taurus Customer Care. Taurus says that the 10 and 12-round mags listed on their site will not fit my gun. They do not have any and are not expecting any untill MAYBE next month. Even bigger problem is the plastic filler that slips over the 12-round mag that fills in the grip where the mag extends below the mag well. Taurus says, "....not available at this time."

Any thoughts?!?
    Ride Safe!
    Shoot straight.
    Speak the Truth.

Nevermind Area 51...worry about the other 50...or more.

David J. Parsons
    U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Instructor
    "NSASarge"
    Patriot Guard Rider

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: PT 24/7 PRO C DS in 45ACP Magazines

I feel your pain. I have talked about this a lot, if you do a search I'm sure you will find it.
    Right now is tough because everyone is buying mags. What I did is buy 2 12 round mags for the 24/7 Pro .45 which fit fine in the compact (just a gap because your missing the sleeve). The other thing I did and also someone else has tried was I bought the 10round compact mags for the PT145. It has worked perfect in my gun so far and fits just as flush as the 24/7 compact mag.
    It does suck that Taurus lags so much on their customer service but they sure do make excellent weapons. Congrats on your purchase hoped that helped a little.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    1748 times

Everything is in short supply at this time.

I got my spare 12 round .45 Magazines for my OSS from Buds Gun Shop, but they no longer have them in stock or are even listed. They currently have 10 rounders, but I'm not sure that those are what you want. They are probably for a full size grip. Would not hurt to call them and find out. Price is up too. I got mine for $25 each. Price is now $30 each.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

The 10 rounders jwc007 talking about will fit but you will have the same problem as the 12 rounders. There will be a gap because the OSS and 24/7 Pro 10 & 12 mags are the same size. The compact 10 round is much shorter and fits flush. Like I said the 10 round full size mags will work but you might as well get the two extra rounds if you can.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

JB

[b][color=#0000FF]"Glock 20 10mm"
    "24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP"

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...rysims/tom.gif

Links