Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus 24/7 discharges just by shaking it and not touching the trigger

10K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  jwc007 
#1 ·
#2 ·
If the account is true, guess he must have had a defective pistol.

If he knew the gun would do this, why in the hello would he have continued doing it without contacting the manufacturer?

Sounds like a good old fashioned Taurus basher to me.

#3 ·
This is the only other info I could dig up on this.

Brazil Police Pistol Recall - Update Item

This item updates item 'Defected weapon used by police, Discharges Galore'
The latest major gun manufacturer to be plagued by recalls and safety warnings is apparently Taurus.

According to international reports, the Brazilian gun maker is being forced to recall nearly 100,000 of the 24/7 pistols which are currently in use by the Brazilian police.

The guns were made specifically for the police and it is not believed any of the other 24/7 line of pistols is affected. No Taurus USA guns are known to have the problem.

In the above video it is shown that simply by shaking the pistol it can be inadvertently fired.

The issue is reproduced several times on camera.

Read more at LiveLeak.com - Brazil Police Pistol Recall - Update Item

#4 ·
I am unwilling to condemn Taurus for the gun at this point. Until I see the innards of the gun, and am sure that the previous owner didn't play shadetree gunsmith with it, then I'm willing to give Taurus the benefit of the doubt. Any gun by any manufacturer can be made to franken-fire, if you try hard enough.

By the way - did you see the end of the barrel and the guide rod? Man, that gun has seen better days. Somebody really put that gun through the ringer and didn't take care of it.

#6 ·
I'd say abuse, not cleaning it, and or shadetree gunsmith...

#11 ·
I'd have to agree with TexasTaurusGuy. I wouldn't dismiss it but until I knew that this was an unaltered, well maintained stock pistol I wouldn't fault the manufacturer.

#13 · (Edited)
#16 ·
The way he handled the gun between "demonstrations" made me very nervous. I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere near him.

#17 ·
Like I said in the other thread about this, how many rounds have been through that gun? Did someone do a 'trigger job' in the basement because they've worked on another gun of their own from here or there? What do the inner workings of the gun look like? Was the firing pin block removed because someone said "You don't need that, they're just lawyer parts."?

There are so many questions left unanswered, and I seriously doubt anyone would claim responsibility if they screwed up their own gun and shot themself. Much easier to blame the manufacturer after running 15,000 rounds of +P+ ammo because they think it's gonna hit the perp harder than the standard loads from the armory.

#18 ·
Not knowing the further backgound on this weapon, I see no benefit to leaving this run. Troll Bait.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.