Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Brand New PT 24/7 G2 COMPACT "possible problems"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Brand New PT 24/7 G2 COMPACT "possible problems"

Hey everyone I'm new to the forums, I recently bought a Taurus 24/7 g2 compact 9mm. I took it out shooting today (this is my first handgun) once it felt like it double fired almost fully automatic. I have a problem with the last round never chambering in both magazines that I have the final round never chambered.

Every 3rd of 4th shot it also seemed like the slide did not go all the way forward causing me to have to push the safety down in order to fire it again?

Is the weapon supposed to operate this way or do I need send it in to have it looked at?

Thanks I appreciate all your help.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Did you disassemble the pistol and give it a good cleaning before you took it to the range? If you didn't I would recommend doing so before your next trip to the range. Be sure to remove the striker and clean it and the striker channel. You can do a YouTube search and find the info you need to do this.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new 24/7.
    ”A free people ought to be armed.”
    - George Washington

"No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often. "
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation

Member #
    Liked
    13297 times
    The double fire if it was just once, you may have been holding it too tight and your finger reset the trigger and fired again.

The last round not chambering. Probably new mags and they just need a break in period. Leave them loaded and unload them every couple of days. You can also disassemble them and clean the insides and lightly oil.

If you haven't done so, be sure to give it a good cleaning and make sure all of the good ol Taurus Packing grease gets cleaned out.
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

24/7 Pro C 40 S&W PT1911 45 ACP 738 TCP 380 ACP PT111 SS Model 66 .357
    About me - I take very little seriously especially myself.

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

ice
    Member #
    Liked
    925 times
    Welcome from Iowa! Good advice above.. may just need some cleaning and breaking in.

Member #
    Liked
    4828 times
    Welcome to TA from Minnesota. If you can't resolve this issue, call Taurus and send it back.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So most weapons I shouldn't expect to work flawlessly out of the box? Is it normal that a weapon needs to be broken in?

Member #
    Liked
    14353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KCOMFORT001 View Post
    So most weapons I shouldn't expect to work flawlessly out of the box? Is it normal that a weapon needs to be broken in?
    Whether or not it's a chain saw or firearm, one has to do their homework beforehand.

What you've described is the gun "failing to go fully into battery". The major causes for this are; a dirty gun, a dry gun (not properly lubed), the shooter "limp-wristing"...or ALL of the above.

Semiautos require a firm and consistant "resistance" from the shooters hand(s) in order to reliably reciprocate (the slide moveing back and forth). If there is NOT enough positive resistance the slide will not go fully into battery, causing a stoppage.

This is one of many reasons I strongly suggest novice shooters learn the basics on a revolver before moving up to semiautos.
    jwc007 and aphdmansoc like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    2767 times
    +1 to what has been said. Also try different types of ammo if possible. Some guns can be picky
    ‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’ - Justice Robert H. Jackson

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ccviper View Post
    +1 to what has been said. Also try different types of ammo if possible. Some guns can be picky
    I can be man enough to admit I may be limp wristing any suggestions to fix? Frankly the handgun scares the shit out of me... Its just new to me heart pounding with every pull of the trigger.

I guess I just thought It should work regardless...

What about the last round not feeding into the magazine?

Member #
    Liked
    14353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KCOMFORT001 View Post
    I can be man enough to admit I may be limp wristing any suggestions to fix? Frankly the handgun scares the shit out of me... Its just new to me heart pounding with every pull of the trigger.

I guess I just thought It should work regardless...

What about the last round not feeding into the magazine?
    The first highlighted statment leads me to ask are you using "hearing protection"? Not only is this not safe for your ears, it causes "flinching" which is detrimental to good shooting.

"Limp Wristing" will also cause the last round in the magazine "not to feed" because you're weak grip is not providing enough resistance for the slide to fully retract so it can pick up the last round.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links